Today I want to share with you an eye pencil makeup tip that I have been using for years. It came about because I was frustrated searching for specific colors that I wanted in eyeliner pencils; unfortunately the color selection in eyeliner pencils are limited. That is why I came up with this solution.
Besides creating a color that you desire, this tip is great to use on women with oily lids and women with eyelids that sit or starting to touch the lash line. For those of you that have oily lids, isn’t it frustrating that half way through the day, your eye pencil liner smudges and is half way off? I use to have this problem when I was younger, now I have a new problem, due to aging. My eyelids are slightly touching my lash line; therefore, I get eyeliner transfer line in the middle of the day on my brow bone. This tip will help out with minimizing the transfer and smudging of the liner. However, it will not prevent the process from happening, it will just slow it down. It’s because of the combination of oil and our body heat that melts off the eye pencil liner.
The best part of this tip is the supplies that you need are things that you already have, so there is no need to go out and buy new makeup, unless you want too.
Here is the supply list:
- Eyeliner Pencil of Your Choice
- Small Eyeshadow Brush-It can be angled or not
- Eyeshadow Powder of Your Choice
Here are the steps:
- Apply your eyeliner pencil along your lash line- You can apply it way you normally do
- Soften the eyeliner a bit by smudging it with the small eyeshadow brush or a cotton bud – You can skip this step if you want a more dramatic eye
- Use the eyeshadow brush to apply the eyeshadow of your choice onto the the eye pencil line – Gently place the shadow on the liner, this will help prevent from any fallout from the shadow under your eyes.
- Watch the liner change color
- Use the brush to blend it into eye pencil liner
There you go, You now have a new color of eye pencil liner.
Here are a few examples of the color combinations you can make with eyeshadows and pencils:
So you see, the combination of colors are endless. Get creative. Your not limited by what is offered from the cosmetic companies. You really don’t need to buy a lot of different eyeliner pencils, unless you can’t help it when you find yourself in the cosmetic aisle.
Want to watch this makeup tip application instead of read it?
Watch Now (add my YouTube link here)
Here are links to purchase some of the makeup that I used in these examples.